Texique HD15 is an easy-to-use, multi-functional additive for personal care applications. Providing thickening, stabilising, emulsifying and texturising properties, Texique HD15 can be used in a wide range of formulations from sprays, lotions and skin creams, to sun protection and makeup bases.
It is produced from 64% naturally derived ingredients, none of which are animal-based, making it suitable for vegan products. Texique HD15 is multifunctional and ethylene oxide free.
This hybrid gum additive has a 30% excellent salt tolerance and pH resistance, and is preservative-free, cold processable, and pre-neutralised, making it ready to use. It is recommended that Texique® HD15 is used at 1 – 4% w/w in a formulation, dependant on the desired viscosity and other ingredients. This high-performance thickener should not be used with strongly cationic ingredients to avoid incompatibility issues. Texique® HD15 is a robust thickener and emulsifier and is compatible with a wide range of actives including, UV filters, vitamins, proteins, anionic heat protection actives, DHA, salicylic acid, AHA’s, hyaluronic acid and more.
Texique® HD15 is available in drums and IBCs, please check with your local representative to confirm availability. Texique® HD15 should be stored between 5 and 30°C in the original, unopened container in a dry, well-ventilated place. Protect from freezing and direct sunlight. Correctly stored the shelf life of the product is 12 months.
- Excellent salt tolerance and pH resistance
- Pre-neutralised and ready to use
- Cold processable
- Preservative free
- Typical properties
- Regional availability and certification
Sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, C13-15 alkane, sphingomonas ferment extract, coco-glucoside.
- Appearance – Beige liquid
- Specific gravity at 25°C– 1.15
- Inverse emulsion viscosity (Brookfield RVT, Spindle 3, 20 rpm at 25°C) – 5000 cPs
- Thickened Deionised water* – 55,000 cPs
- Polymer charge – Anionic
*Deionised water thickened with 3% of Texique HD15 as supplied. Brookfield RVT, Spindle 6, 5 rpm at 25°C.
Texique HD15 is a new high-performance thickener for the personal care market. It is produced from 64% naturally derived ingredients, none of which are animal-based.
- Face / neck skin care
- Lip care
- SPF moisturisers
- Gradual tan / Tinted moisturisers
- Cream - leave on
- Hair relaxing / Permanent waves
- Kids Sun protection
- SPF Spray
- Lotions / Balms
- Emulsion Sprays
- Scrubs / Exfoliants
- Shaving / Hair removal
- Foot care
- Specialist - (e.g. Dry skin, Anti-cellulite)
- Face - Foundation, concealer, bronzer
- Sticks (cream)
- Lotions / balms / creams
- Styling - Beards
- Creams / balms
- Texique® Brochure - English Download
- Texique® Brochure - Korean Download
- Texique® Brochure - Japanese Download
Download formulation sheet
- Vitamin C Face Serum Download
Regional availability and certification
- ISO 16128 – Natural derived
- Vegan suitable
- IECIC (China Approved)