Texiterra™ Marula Oil
Texiterra™ Marula Oil is a non-greasy cold-pressed oil rich in fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants. It protects and hydrates the skin for a radiant tone and moisturises hair for a silky-soft feel. The anti-inflammatory oil comes from the Marula tree, which has a spiritual status in Southern Africa. For the Zulu tribe the tree symbolises women’s fertility, softness and tenderness. Marula kernels are so full of oil that squeezing by hand alone can release a rich yield.
The non-greasy and non-comedogenic formula is high in natural fatty acids , ideal as an anti-inflammatory addition to skin creams and lotions, massage oils and hair care. The formula is typically a yellow–brown colour oily liquid with an INCI name of Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil.
Texiterra® Marula Oil is available in 20Kg kegs and drums, please check with your local representative to confirm. The oil should be stored between 10 and 25°C in the original, unopened container in a dry, well-ventilated place. When storing this product, it should be protected from freezing temperatures and direct sunlight. If the product is correctly stored, it will have a shelf life of 24 months.
- Cold pressed, natural oil
- Protects, nourishes and moisturises skin and hair
- Non-greasy and non-comedogenic
- High in natural fatty acids and vitamins
- High antioxidant content, naturally 10x more stable from oxidation than olive oil
- Typical properties
- Regional availability and certification
Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil.
- Appearance – Yellow – Brown Oily Liquid
- Odour – Characteristic
- Specific gravity at 0.910 – 0.920
- Acid Value – <10.0
- Peroxide Value – <15.0
Texiterra Marula Oil is a non-greasy cold pressed oil rich in fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants. It protects and hydrates the skin for a radiant tone and moisturises hair for a silky-soft feel.
- Face / neck skin care
- SPF moisturisers
- Gradual tan / Tinted moisturisers
- Conditioners - rinse off
- Conditioners - leave on
- Anti-dandruff / Specialist shampoo
- Hair colour
- Cream - leave on
- Putties / Pomade
- Emulsion Spray
- Hair relaxing / Permanent waves
- Kids Sun protection
- SPF Spray
- Lotions / Balms
- Emulsion Sprays
- Bath / Shower
- Scrubs / Exfoliants
- Shaving / Hair removal
- Feminine hygiene wash
- Specialist - (e.g. Dry skin, Anti-cellulite)
- Face - Foundation, concealer, bronzer
- Lotions / balms / creams
- Styling - Beards
- Creams / balms
Download formulation sheet
Regional availability and certification
Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America, Australasia*
*Check with your local Scott Bader representative for availability.
- ISO 16128 – Natural derived
- Vegan friendly